Work Update 16 June 2022
Council began Stage 2 of the Helensburgh Town Centre upgrade in February 2022. Despite consistent rain, we’ve made significant progress. Work undertaken so far includes:
- Kerb and gutter on the western side of Walker Street under the trees
- Water services have been lowered to allow the road reconstruction
- Road reconstruction completed
- North side of Short Street is partially complete with paving to be completed
- Footpath construction western side has commenced
We will soon have two crews working full time to help maintain the early August delivery.
Rain has meant some changes to the project time frame with completion of Stage 2 aimed at early August. Following this, we’ll pause construction in the lead up to the UCI Road World Cycling Championships. The race period is from 18 to 26 September 2022. We’ll begin Stage 3, the Walker Street Western Terrace, in the first half of 2023.
We would like to thank the Helensburgh community for their interest in this comprehensive upgrade and their patience during the extensive work.