- Upgrade to a new fully equipped kitchen fit-out
- Improved flexibility of hall usage with operable walls
- Improved fire safety
- Improved comfort with air conditioning throughout
- New community office
- Relocation of toilets
- Compliant accessible toilet
- Hall roof replacement
- Landscaping of site, upgrade of forecourt and installation of compliant access paths
- We will be lodging a DA for these essential works by the end of 2023.
- Construction 2025/26 and 2026/27
- The budget for this stage of the works is $1.8M
- Renewal of the workshop into a more flexible community space
- Time TBC – not in current program
- Budget TBC – likely $1M+
What improvements have already been made?
Stage 1 refurbishment works were completed in 2021 and included:
What's included in Stage 2 of the refurbishment?
Plans for Stage 2 of the refurbishment includes:
What is the timeframe and budget for this stage?
How can I find out more?
You can attend the information session
Date: Saturday 25 November 2023
Venue: Port Kembla Community Centre
Time: drop in any time from 10am to 12 noon
Can I comment when the DA is lodged?
There will be an further opportunity for comment on the proposal during the DA process. Feedback submissions about the proposed development can be submitted in writing during the notification period via Council's website: View an Application | Wollongong City Council (nsw.gov.au)
Will there be Stage 3 refurbishments?
Future works / stages that may occur will include: