- Identifying community meeting spaces
- Enhancing sporting, social, environmental and recreational activity
- Improving the creek for recreational uses
- Extending the cycle and walking track along Allan’s Creek
- Exploring open space linkages and improving pedestrian access along the Allan’s Creek
- Establishing a green corridor and improving connectivity between the open spaces and town centre
- Improving pedestrian access and connectivity between Figtree Oval and Westfield
- Increasing pedestrian access and community safety within Figtree town centre
- Reducing the high risk of flooding
- Improving parking capacity for recreational activity
- Visit one of the scheduled community engagement kiosks
- Submit your completed feedback form and/or map your comments on this site
- Post your completed feedback form to: The General Manager, Wollongong City Council, Locked Bag 8821 WOLLONGONG DC 2500
- Scan and email your completed feedback form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Land to be used for public open space or recreational purposes
- The provision of a range of recreational settings and activities and compatible land uses
- The protection and enhancement of the natural environment for recreational purposes
- Catering for the development of a wide range of uses and facilities within open spaces for the benefit of the community
What is a Recreation Master Plan and why do we need one for Figtree Oval?
What opportunities will the Figtree Oval Recreation Master Plan explore?
What area will be included in the Master Plan?
What are the main issues that the Master Plan will focus on?
How can I contribute to the Master Plan?
Council will be consulting the community and existing stakeholder groups to devise a draft Plan over the coming months. You can provide input in the following ways:
How can I be reassured that the space will remain recreational and that environmental requirements will be met?
Who will make the final decisions and how will the Plan be implemented?
Council will review the comments on the draft Plan before developing and adopting a final Figtree Oval Recreation Master Plan.
Updates on the Plan will be provided on Council’s website.