- Email: email@example.com
- In person: To Wollongong City Council, 41 Burelli Street, Wollongong. Hand delivered applications will be received up until 5pm 30 November 2020. Please mark your application ‘Connecting Neighbours Grants- Verge Gardens’.
- By post: Connecting Neighbours Grants, Community Engagement, Wollongong City Council, Locked Bag 8821 WOLLONGONG DC NSW 2500
- Must be based in the Wollongong Local Government Area.
- Need to be community members with a shared idea, part of a community group, or representing a small community organisation (not a government agency or a large non-government or community organisation).
- Will ‘match’ the funding via in-kind and voluntary contributions.
- Garden plan in line with the verge guidelines
- Connects people and/or strengthens the neighbourhood
- Builds gardening knowledge and/or skills
What form is the grant?
We’re offering $250 Greenplan vouchers to help fund the purchase of plants, as part of your project.
What is a Neighbourhood?
A neighbourhood could include a street, a few houses, a group, or a place where you socialise.
Who can apply?
Anyone can apply, as long as you live within the Wollongong Local Government Area and you have at least two friends who share your idea.
The program isn’t for larger community organisations that already receive government funding.
How can I apply?
Use the online application form here.
Or you can download and fill out the form that is in the Document Library and send to us.
Posted applications need to be post marked no later than 30 November, 2020.
How will the funding be provided to me?
You will receive a letter of offer and be asked to sign an agreement. The project co-ordinator nominated on the application form will be provided with the voucher.
What is the selection process?
A review panel made up of Council Officers look at the applications and makes a recommendation report to Council for approval.
The applications will be reviewed against the following six (6) criteria:
How long do I have to complete the project?
Your voucher needs to be redeemed within six months of receipt and the garden completed.
Who can I talk with about the the grant program?
Should you have further questions, please contact Jane Caldwell, Engagement Officer on 4224 8830