Works update 16 September 2021
There is a large amount of work currently underway on Wongawilli Road between Smiths Lane and Shone Avenue with multiple Council Crews and Contractors currently onsite.
Please make sure that you drive to the conditions. Remember that the area is under traffic control and you are passing through major construction.
Here is a snapshot of what is happening:
- Council have completed all the Kerb and Gutter construction on the south side of Wongawilli Road, including over the culverts.
- Staff will now focus on finalising all pit construction along the newly poured kerb over culverts. Photos below
- Work is well underway on the North side pavement with preparations for a kerb and gutter concrete pour on Wednesday 22 September.
- Council staff will continue to manage the condition of the temporary road surface and dust as construction continues.
- Cadifern have commenced the installation of stormwater pipe crossings at the intersection of Smiths Lane and Wongawilli Road. Traffic movement through the intersection will be reduced to one way as this takes place.
- The retaining wall construction between smiths Lane and Jersey Farm Road will commence on Monday, 20th September 2021 and is expected to take approximately 3 weeks.
- The site will continue to be under traffic control conditions and motorists are asked to drive to conditions.
- Property owners are reminded to park vehicles off the street and out of the construction zones where possible.