Works update 2 September 2021
Construction work continues at Wongawilli in line with updated NSW Public Health Orders. Our priority is to ensure the safety of our staff and the community during this work and strictly follow the COVID-Safe plan we have in place.
Council are continuing to assist with on street parking for motorists and dust suppression where possible whilst onsite.
Please note the upcoming traffic management information below, required for kerb and gutter and drainage construction.
- Kerb & gutter and driveways to residential properties have been completed including remediation work to frontages on the south side between Smiths Lane and Shone Avenue.
- West bound lanes Over the next 3 to 4 weeks, Council staff will focus on the kerb and gutter and the pavement construction on the west bound lanes.
- North side Starting next week, staff will also commence kerb and gutter construction on the north side of Wongawilli Road. This work will be under traffic control conditions during business hours.
- Drainage Cadifern are nearing completion of all drainage road crossings on Wongawilli Road. They will then move into the Smiths Lane/Wongawilli Road intersection to connect and complete the main trunk drainage. This work will also be under traffic control conditions and motorists may experience minor delays.
- Parking Changes to street signage and parking which will improve on the street parking have been approved and users can expect to see some changes to the current arrangements.
- Retaining walls A contractor has been appointed to undertake the construction of block retaining walls at Wongawilli Road with work expected to commence in the upcoming weeks.