Works update 3 August 2021: COVID-Safe work resumes
Smiths Lane to Shone Avenue
- Kerb & gutter After the two week shut down, staff have picked up where they left off with construction of the kerb and gutter. The concrete kerb pour is scheduled for Wednesday 11 August, weather and Covid restrictions pending.
- Driveways We've restarted construction of concrete driveways to properties and will proceed from Smiths Lane to Shone avenue with these works.
- Parking during works We'll be working with residents to manage their vehicles so that parking is avoided within construction zones. Council staff will provide as much notice and assistance as possible.
- Reviewing signage We have received feedback about the location of parking and regulatory signage installed on Wongawilli Road. We're reviewing the locations to determine if any changes are able to be made to assist with on street parking for residents on Wongawilli Road.
Culverts near Shone Avenue
- Culverts Cadifern have returned to site and excavated for the installation of the remaining precast concrete culvert cells. They'll be pouring the concrete base slab in the next couple of days. This will take a week to cure before the final culverts are placed into position.
- Storm water crossings Cadifern will continue at the culverts for approximately the next two weeks and then start storm water pipe crossings from Smiths Lane.