Works update 6 October 2021
The significant volume of work continues along Wongawilli Road with multiple Council and Contractor crews on site.
Please make sure that you drive to the conditions. Remember that the area is under traffic control and you are passing through major construction.
Newly completed work:
- All stormwater pipes have now been installed in Wongawilli Road.
- The northern side concrete kerb & gutter has been poured (see attached photo)
- Stormwater pits and lintels completed on the newly poured kerb & gutter
- Smiths Lane intersection is under construction with kerb and gutter to be completed by the end of the week
- Block retaining walls are underway and will be completed by the Mid October
- Road and pavement reconstruction will commence at the southern kerbside lane Monday 11 October. No on street parking will be available to motorists while this is underway. Access to properties will be restricted and the site will continue to be under traffic control conditions.
- Street trees are currently being sourced for the remainder of landscaping at property frontages
- The section of line marking from Smiths Lane to Bankbook Drive is scheduled in for mid-October.
- Road and pavement reconstruction on the southern kerbside lane will prevent any on street parking and restrict access to properties while this work is underway
- The site will continue to be under traffic control conditions and motorists are asked to drive to conditions.
- Property owners are reminded to park vehicles off the street and out of the construction zones where possible.